Is Physiotherapy right for you? Read on to learn more about the benefits of this treatment.
Physiotherapy or Physical Therapy is the study of movement and aims to help restore, maintain or improve physical function. Whether you’re healing from an injury or accident or recovering from surgery, physiotherapy may be a standalone option or work in conjunction with other treatments.
At Revamp Wellness your physiotherapists will design a custom program to rehab your injury, develop a healthy lifestyle change, or create a treatment program to prevent surgery. There are many reasons to see your local physio – here are a few key ones that can be life changing!
- Stroke recovery: after a stroke, some people have limitations in movement and day-to-day functions. Physiotherapy can help you gain strength, balance, and learn to walk as efficient as possible for you again. We want to help you get your independence back so we will do everything we can do to help you improve your day to day activities.
- Improve basic balance: When you get your initial assessment you will be put through tests that challenge your balance to get an idea of how your Proprioception is. Then you will be given a program to help your coordination; from learning to walk again to a pro athlete there are always tips and tricks you can do to help improve your coordination. – Our next blog will explain vestibular therapy!
- Improve mobility: If you are coming out of frozen shoulder, hip surgery, or just want to increase your flexibility, we have a program for you. Through proper length of stretching and doing the correct stretches you can increase your mobility at any age after almost any injury or surgery. Ask us about our stretch programs.
- Management of heart and lung diseases: patients with lung disease or those who have suffered a heart attack may need to rehab their breathing, increase strength and recondition their heart and lungs.
- Sports injuries: Recovery is just as important as the dedication it takes to become an outstanding athlete. We can help you create an amazing active recovery program to prevent injuries and to sustain a healthy life time in sports.
Wondering if physiotherapy is right for you? Talk to your doctor about what’s right for you or book in for an initial assessment.